Subheading

Showin' some love to the sheer awesomeness of homemade gifts



Monday, January 17, 2011

Bowl - it's really a roll of tickets!

Here's another idea I wish I'd thought of.  It's a ticket bowl made from a roll of tickets and some mod podge.  The original was posted at Buggie and Jellybean, complete with a tutorial full of pictures.  I saw this and immediately thought of my dad, who received a coordinating set for Christmas.  Here's how his turned out:

It took six little cork disks to fill in each roll center but now they are solid.

My one goof-up was not finding the perfect little glass bowls until after the mod podging (is that a word?) was complete.  Once the bowls were finished, I found the perfect bowls at the dollar store and with the proper planning, I could have formed the tickets to the glass bowls for the perfect washable lining.  Ah well, better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment